Adjusting wheel speed of Polaris Quattro Sport
How do I adjust the wheel speed of my Polaris Quattro™ Sport?
The proper wheel revolutions per minute (RPM) for a Polaris Quattro Sport is between 28 and 32 RPM. If the RPM is too fast or too slow, it can cause your cleaner to operate inefficiently. Thankfully, it’s pretty easy to adjust the wheel speed on a Polaris Quattro Sport. Here’s how.
How to Adjust the Wheel Speed If It’s Below 28 RPM
Try the following steps if your wheels are rotating slower than they should be (below 28 RPM):
- Check the filter screen in the in-line filter assembly for debris that restricts water flow
- Clean the skimmer, filter and pump basket, clearing debris that restricts water flow
- Check the hoses and connections for leaks that cause loss of water pressure
- Check the hose swivels for excessive leaking or spraying (Make sure the flow direction arrow is pointing toward the cleaner)
- Remove the blue restrictor disk from the universal wall fitting (UWF®)
How to Adjust the Wheel Speed If It’s Above 32 RPM
On the other hand, if your wheels are rotating too fast (above 32 RPM), try these steps:
- Replace the blue restrictor disk with the red restrictor disk
- Loosen the pressure relief valve until your wheels reach the proper RPM. (Please keep in mind, the pressure relief valve should only be adjusted when a restrictor disk is installed. In other words, if there’s not a pressure release disk, don’t adjust the pressure relief valve)
Get the Wheel Speed Right for Maximum Efficiency
If your Polaris Quattro Sport’s RPM is too fast or too slow, try the above tips to get your cleaner’s wheel speed where it should be — between 28 and 32 RPM.
Tagged with:Share with your friends!